The beauty of the iPod, my new best friend
I knew I forgot to mention something! Probably because it's become an integral part of my life and I can't imagine being without it. I am by no means a technology junkie, but I am a big fan of things that make life easier and more streamlined. Essentially, the first thing I purchased along these lines was a TiVo, and that was mostly because I went to a friend's house, and he had one, and I almost hyperventilated I was so jealous. :) Because who doesn't hate timing oneselves activities to the tv schedule? There I was, always missing the first five minutes of Friends or half of a show because I didn't make it home in time or forgot it was on. Now that I've had the TiVo for so long, it's hard to think whether I watch more tv (because I can) or less (because I just watch strictly what I want to watch), but I do know that it's really nice knowing that whenver I want to watch something, it's right there. That, and I hardly ever channel surf, because there's always something I would rather watch on the TiVo. It's a nice arrangement.
What I really meant to talk about was my new iPod. I have wanted one every since they came out, but it was exceedingly difficult to justify the ridiculously high price tag, despite the fact that it was practically the one thing I wanted more than anything else, ever. So, for Christmas, I made a deal with my dad, so that my Christmas present was half the price of the iPod. I added that to other Christmas money I had been saving, and, voila! I am the proud owner of a 40GB iPod. For years I have carried around with me a discman and a small selection of cds, which necessitated leaving the vast majority of my music collection at home. Now, I have my entire library, all 400-odd cds worth, at my disposal any time I want. One of the best things about that is that I can play an artist's entire oeuvre at one time. Or play every song in my collection on random. It just frees the listener from the rigid boundaries of the cd-centric format, and the music takes on whatever form the listener desires. If one wants to hear a song, an album, an artist, a genre...it's all possible. I'm still getting used to all the possibilities! It's just amazing having everything in one place. I'm really glad I finally got one. It's an incredible little device. =)
as a result, I have also become only slightly obsessed with collecting diet pepsi caps with free iTunes downloads on them! plus, you can so tell if the bottle you're buying has a free song, so it's been a targeted campaign. ;) so far I think I've gotten about 10 caps with free songs. Next on my list of downloads are all the exclusive-to-iTunes John Mayer tracks!
I knew I forgot to mention something! Probably because it's become an integral part of my life and I can't imagine being without it. I am by no means a technology junkie, but I am a big fan of things that make life easier and more streamlined. Essentially, the first thing I purchased along these lines was a TiVo, and that was mostly because I went to a friend's house, and he had one, and I almost hyperventilated I was so jealous. :) Because who doesn't hate timing oneselves activities to the tv schedule? There I was, always missing the first five minutes of Friends or half of a show because I didn't make it home in time or forgot it was on. Now that I've had the TiVo for so long, it's hard to think whether I watch more tv (because I can) or less (because I just watch strictly what I want to watch), but I do know that it's really nice knowing that whenver I want to watch something, it's right there. That, and I hardly ever channel surf, because there's always something I would rather watch on the TiVo. It's a nice arrangement.
What I really meant to talk about was my new iPod. I have wanted one every since they came out, but it was exceedingly difficult to justify the ridiculously high price tag, despite the fact that it was practically the one thing I wanted more than anything else, ever. So, for Christmas, I made a deal with my dad, so that my Christmas present was half the price of the iPod. I added that to other Christmas money I had been saving, and, voila! I am the proud owner of a 40GB iPod. For years I have carried around with me a discman and a small selection of cds, which necessitated leaving the vast majority of my music collection at home. Now, I have my entire library, all 400-odd cds worth, at my disposal any time I want. One of the best things about that is that I can play an artist's entire oeuvre at one time. Or play every song in my collection on random. It just frees the listener from the rigid boundaries of the cd-centric format, and the music takes on whatever form the listener desires. If one wants to hear a song, an album, an artist, a genre...it's all possible. I'm still getting used to all the possibilities! It's just amazing having everything in one place. I'm really glad I finally got one. It's an incredible little device. =)
as a result, I have also become only slightly obsessed with collecting diet pepsi caps with free iTunes downloads on them! plus, you can so tell if the bottle you're buying has a free song, so it's been a targeted campaign. ;) so far I think I've gotten about 10 caps with free songs. Next on my list of downloads are all the exclusive-to-iTunes John Mayer tracks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home