I should've known...
that taking classes (two, no less) and working full time would be ridiculous. I suppose it could be worse! It's amazing to me that I'm already three weeks into classes, because I don't feel like I've learned three weeks worth of material. This weekend I'll have to study for a good few hours, and then as a reward I can watch 'A Mighty Wind'! Yay! Christopher Guest (and the rest of the crew, of course) is awesome. And next Tuesday Sting's new CD comes out. Sting is quite possibly 'the man,' but only if John Mayer hadn't come on the scene! ;) and I have to talk about JM...I bought his new cd two weeks ago, and I'm still listening to it nonstop. I can't explain it - he's just that good. And for variety, I have the new one at work and the older one in my car. And then I rotate it with 'Any Given Thursday,' his live cd, which is also (duh) excellent. I feel like I'm right there! I've really never liked a musician this much before. I'm also going to try and go to the concert in NYC right before Thanksgiving. It's at Madison Square Garden, and that would just rock.
So, for the past few weeks, aside from listening to John and going to class and working, (what? there's other things to life?) I've just been hanging out doing random stuff. I went to some IMAX films, which are always cool. They were both very cold-feeling, as one was about the Antarctic and the other about Everest. I've always had some sort of crazy desire to be one of the people that have climbed Everest, but I think I'm going to do this instead. Maybe as a present to myself after I finish my master's degree! I think if I went, my jaw would just be on the ground the whole time. I can only imagine that it is beautiful beyond belief there. Anyways, I'm still doing the orchestra thing, and I'm having a good time there. Our director was out for the summer, but now he's back, and I'm very glad because he really is very talented, and I like working with him a lot. One of these days I'll have to practice...
Weekend before last, one of my friends came up from NYC and we went to a Gin Blossoms concert south of Boston. The band actually broke up in 1997, but they were doing a small reunion tour, and promoting their new album that's coming out in the spring. It was a good show - small venue, and I didn't realize how much I liked their music. They were huge back there in the mid 90's. The same friend, and another Dartmouth friend, were both in town again last weekend, so I got to do more visiting! I always like having people come to visit. I also did a bit of shopping in there...I got a couple cute sweaters at Old Navy. They didn't have anything I liked for a long time, but some of their fall stuff is attractive (and of course attractively priced). This week has just been a killer. I knew I had a problem set due today, but then I was busy every single night since Sunday, so it took me until the last second to get it done. Sunday I had an interview with my new roomie, and was just drawn like glue to watch the Emmys. Mostly I was looking for Jen Garner to bring her adorable boy toy Michael Vartan, but the girl brought her parents!! It was so wrong! Give the people what they want, Jen! We want our Vartan!! :) But the whole show was ok. Nobody I wanted to win won though. That's the Emmys for you. I thought Wanda Sykes had the funniest bits of the whole show. Poor Peter Krause...he had no idea what the heck the electric slide was! But, being that I was a junior high student in 1993, I pretty much still have it memorized. :P And then I had my lab due Monday anyways, so I had to finish that too. Tuesday I had class almost the entire day, and then last night I went to the Red Sox game. I went with my friend Rob, and it turned out that he had never been to a game that they'd lost, and I'd never gone to a game that they'd won. So whose karma beat out whose? Mine did! haha...except not really, because that meant the Sox lost. Not that it matters, because they're virtually guaranteed a playoff spot at this point. But he said that if the Yankees and the Sox meet in the playoffs, that we might just have to try and go to that. Because the chances of getting tickets to that are worse than hell freezing over. heh heh. But ya gotta try! Fenway is a great place to go to a game.
And then there's tonight. Tonight's plan is to go home v., v. soon and watch the premiere of Friends!! I have to say that I will be very happy when they get this whole Rachel-Joey thing over and done with. I never really liked that storyline at all to begin with. I mean, all the Friends can't end up with other Friends. And clearly Phoebe and Ross would never end up together. ;) And I still have the premieres of Gilmore Girls, the Bachelor, and SVU to watch! Thank *God* I got a TiVo. I would have been so lost without it. Tomorrow is Miss Match, and that is the show that I am second most excited for (after Alias, naturally). I just adore Alicia Silverstone. It's probably just because of Clueless, but I saw her on the Emmys and she is just...adorable. She always looks like she's thinking of something fun, rather than just trying not to look bored, like so many of the glitterati. Eee! Only three days until the new season of Alias. This is going to be so awesome. :)
ta ta for now!
that taking classes (two, no less) and working full time would be ridiculous. I suppose it could be worse! It's amazing to me that I'm already three weeks into classes, because I don't feel like I've learned three weeks worth of material. This weekend I'll have to study for a good few hours, and then as a reward I can watch 'A Mighty Wind'! Yay! Christopher Guest (and the rest of the crew, of course) is awesome. And next Tuesday Sting's new CD comes out. Sting is quite possibly 'the man,' but only if John Mayer hadn't come on the scene! ;) and I have to talk about JM...I bought his new cd two weeks ago, and I'm still listening to it nonstop. I can't explain it - he's just that good. And for variety, I have the new one at work and the older one in my car. And then I rotate it with 'Any Given Thursday,' his live cd, which is also (duh) excellent. I feel like I'm right there! I've really never liked a musician this much before. I'm also going to try and go to the concert in NYC right before Thanksgiving. It's at Madison Square Garden, and that would just rock.
So, for the past few weeks, aside from listening to John and going to class and working, (what? there's other things to life?) I've just been hanging out doing random stuff. I went to some IMAX films, which are always cool. They were both very cold-feeling, as one was about the Antarctic and the other about Everest. I've always had some sort of crazy desire to be one of the people that have climbed Everest, but I think I'm going to do this instead. Maybe as a present to myself after I finish my master's degree! I think if I went, my jaw would just be on the ground the whole time. I can only imagine that it is beautiful beyond belief there. Anyways, I'm still doing the orchestra thing, and I'm having a good time there. Our director was out for the summer, but now he's back, and I'm very glad because he really is very talented, and I like working with him a lot. One of these days I'll have to practice...
Weekend before last, one of my friends came up from NYC and we went to a Gin Blossoms concert south of Boston. The band actually broke up in 1997, but they were doing a small reunion tour, and promoting their new album that's coming out in the spring. It was a good show - small venue, and I didn't realize how much I liked their music. They were huge back there in the mid 90's. The same friend, and another Dartmouth friend, were both in town again last weekend, so I got to do more visiting! I always like having people come to visit. I also did a bit of shopping in there...I got a couple cute sweaters at Old Navy. They didn't have anything I liked for a long time, but some of their fall stuff is attractive (and of course attractively priced). This week has just been a killer. I knew I had a problem set due today, but then I was busy every single night since Sunday, so it took me until the last second to get it done. Sunday I had an interview with my new roomie, and was just drawn like glue to watch the Emmys. Mostly I was looking for Jen Garner to bring her adorable boy toy Michael Vartan, but the girl brought her parents!! It was so wrong! Give the people what they want, Jen! We want our Vartan!! :) But the whole show was ok. Nobody I wanted to win won though. That's the Emmys for you. I thought Wanda Sykes had the funniest bits of the whole show. Poor Peter Krause...he had no idea what the heck the electric slide was! But, being that I was a junior high student in 1993, I pretty much still have it memorized. :P And then I had my lab due Monday anyways, so I had to finish that too. Tuesday I had class almost the entire day, and then last night I went to the Red Sox game. I went with my friend Rob, and it turned out that he had never been to a game that they'd lost, and I'd never gone to a game that they'd won. So whose karma beat out whose? Mine did! haha...except not really, because that meant the Sox lost. Not that it matters, because they're virtually guaranteed a playoff spot at this point. But he said that if the Yankees and the Sox meet in the playoffs, that we might just have to try and go to that. Because the chances of getting tickets to that are worse than hell freezing over. heh heh. But ya gotta try! Fenway is a great place to go to a game.
And then there's tonight. Tonight's plan is to go home v., v. soon and watch the premiere of Friends!! I have to say that I will be very happy when they get this whole Rachel-Joey thing over and done with. I never really liked that storyline at all to begin with. I mean, all the Friends can't end up with other Friends. And clearly Phoebe and Ross would never end up together. ;) And I still have the premieres of Gilmore Girls, the Bachelor, and SVU to watch! Thank *God* I got a TiVo. I would have been so lost without it. Tomorrow is Miss Match, and that is the show that I am second most excited for (after Alias, naturally). I just adore Alicia Silverstone. It's probably just because of Clueless, but I saw her on the Emmys and she is just...adorable. She always looks like she's thinking of something fun, rather than just trying not to look bored, like so many of the glitterati. Eee! Only three days until the new season of Alias. This is going to be so awesome. :)
ta ta for now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home