Jane's Life o' Randomness

All you ever wanted to know about the little happenings in my life...and quite possibly more than that.

Sunday, June 22, 2003

AHHH! It's been so long since I've updated. Over two weeks...eek. Alright, well, that first weekend of June Marella came to visit after spending a year in Korea, so I hadn't seen her in forever! First things first...that Friday (the 6th) I had an orchestra concert, which was fantastic. It was a jazz concert, and we had Jay Geils, for one, on guitar, and a couple of other guest soloists from the area. The music was not that challenging, which was why it was not a problem that I accidentally had to miss the dress rehersal on Thursday...to see Finding Nemo. oops! Of course, it was my own fault for not writing it down in my datebook and then making solid plans for the movie that I couldn't get out of. But my conductor, amazingly, was cool with me missing it. I didn't tell him, why, of course, but I did accidentally double book, so it wasn't as if I was purposely trying to get out of it. He can be nice sometimes. With orchestra I always have the lingering suspicion that he (and almost everyone else) know that I am bad and would put me in the back of the section if he could find a valid reason. Yes, I just feel like a fraud, and it may just be so much of me fishing for compliments, I don't think it's disputable that I am basically a sort-of good cellist, and fly by the seat of my pants! =) Anyhoo, Finding Nemo was soo funny and soo cute. Then Friday was actually a gorgeous day weather-wise, and I had my concert in the evening. Saturday I went to Jose's for brunch - we made pancakes with strawberries, and eggs. Then we went and picked up Marella and did a bit of shopping at tar-jay. mmm...Tar-jay! I got the new Train cd, and I am so in love. It's crazy, but the cd has barely left my cd player since. I just love the cd. Ok, so I was roped in by the first single and it playing incessantly on the radio, but most of the other songs on the cd are also great. Some I'm not so into, but I can play tracks1-6 nonstop and usually 11 too. The rest are kind of slow and not so remarkable. I got Jason Mraz' cd too. He's cool, but naturally "the remedy" is the best song on the cd anyways. Still, he's got an interesting sound. After we did our damage at Target, I took Jose to Home Depot for some plants, and then dropped him off with his purchases and went back to meet up with Marella for dinner. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and then hung out afterwards at our friend's apartment checking out guys for me on match.com. hee!! =) we found some good ones, but true to form, I haven't emailed any of them yet!

Sunday the 8th was Dartmouth Graduation 2003!!!! We drove up early and had breakfast at Lou's (mmmmm....Lou's). yum. Then we watched most of the ceremony and I returned my library books ;) and met up with Jacques (an '01 friend who was formally graduating) and had lunch with him and his family. We hung out for a little while after that in Hanover - gosh I love that place. It was a relatively nice day. I got some sun! Mostly while driving, but whatever. It looked like it was going to threaten rain, but it didn't! rain, that is.

I can't remember much of what I did the week after that. Let's see...I had dinner and went shopping with Karilyn one night, which was lots of fun. I did some other stuff, but it was mostly errands and other usual things. I also made a list of things to do...which is slowly having things crossed off of it. And once I finish updating that'll be another thing! Saturday I started my assault on the list by reorganizing and sorting clothes...since I have a lot of things that I just don't wear anymore. That was virtually all of Saturday. I hadn't had a free weekend in the LONGEST time, so it was pretty amazing to just be able to be around and do organizational things. Sunday I volunteered at the science museum, and as the weather was so, so nice (a very rare thing lately) I took my bike up to the nearby bike trail and did a two-hour ride. There was a bit of traffic on the trail, but overall it was a good experience. It's a lot like driving - you kind of get into the zone and all you focus on is going faster and what you're doing on the trail and how to navigate the various people on the trail.

Monday was crazy. I went to work and did...stuff. (work is almost always the same. I do...stuff. sometimes it's sort of exciting and interesting, but mostly I forget about it a week later, so it's pretty useless tyring to talk about what I did ;) Then I went over to Jose's for dinner and to drop off his new bookshelf that I had bought for him at Target. We had a nice relaxing dinner, made salmon and potatoes with tomato and mozzarella salad. Then...after I had dinner, I went back to work to write my personal evaluation for the yearly performance reviews. And I finished that at 3am. It was annoying, but since I couldn't do it at work and I had no free time outside work to do it before then, it was just necessary. the office can be kind of cool with it's all dark and empty though. With the doors being guarded by key card, I feel fine there at any time of day. The rest of the week was marked by the never-ending rain/drizzle/precipitation. it was unfun. Friday it finally cleared up and was a really weird nice day. Completely unexpected. I had made plans to meet Karilyn and some of her coworkers on the Cape to go to Nantucket and go biking, so after work on Friday, I braved the what turned out to be nonexistent traffic to the Cape (a freakin' miracle) and met her friends at their house (a company rental) for bbq and hanging out. Saturday the weather was looking to be pretty nasty, but in the end we decided to go to Nantucket anyways and just not take our bikes. Nantucket was really cute and quaint - good place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there! It's so tiny, but with a boatload of atmosphere. It was also the day of Harry Potter, so every second person was walking around with the new book under their arms. I'm surprised some of the little kids didn't fall over! So, Karilyn, Andrew, Andrea, Chris, and I had a good time moseying around the town of Nantucket. We tried out some chocolate covered cranberries, checked out a lighthouse, and had a good and filling lunch. Saturday night I drove back to Boston through pretty much the worst weather I had ever, ever seen. (Yes, Andrew, thank you, I can hear your "I told you so" from here. ;) And that includes snow. This was rain, rain, rain, and it was just coming down and it was insane. The combination of the darkness, rain, and some stupid drivers made it a bit challenging sometimes, but I was just glad to make it through. whew! Which brings us to today....during which I did almost nothing, so that's that. =)

The major component of my plans for this week is to go to the Guster concert in downtown Boston on Tuesday. A bunch of friends are coming (woohoo!) and I think it'll be an awesome time. I have orchestra rehersal tomorrow (also fun ;) and it's also supposed to finally clear up and have no more rain for the time being!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my excitement knows no bounds. Since we've had approximately one day of summer so far (literally and figuratively...) bring on the A/C!!! =) oh, and final note...my boss gave me his reference on Friday, so tomorrow I am officially going to mail the last of my application materials to Tufts! They got my formal application, my essay and all, so once this is in I start the waiting game to see if I officially get in. eee! I can't say that I don't think I will, but obviously you never know. keep your fingers crossed!!! I promise to update as soon as I know for sure. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home