Jane's Life o' Randomness

All you ever wanted to know about the little happenings in my life...and quite possibly more than that.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

What's New? It's Tuesday

Yes, it's random. But that's what I'm all about. No, really, I just couldn't think up a fun and snappy opening today. Most likely because I worked through lunch. Fun! But I'll spare everyone the boring work details (mostly involving how much my computer sucks). Just glad the workday is almost over.

So, to pick up where I left off last time...my final went really well. At least, I'm pretty sure I did at least as well as I did on my other exams, because I already got my final grade, and it was even a little higher than I expected. Both my grades were really good, actually, so that was very nice. I'm really happy about how well I've done so far, after taking four classes. I can't believe it's been a year since I decided to do this! I couldn't do it without the support of everyone at work, and as much as they're glad that I've been able to manage my workloads, I'm glad they've been able to be so flexible. So now I have just over three months off! And what a three months they're going to be - moving, vacation, concerts, plus two weddings (both of which I'm a bridesmaid for!) and one (sprint)triathlon. And then back to school. :)

The evening of the day I had my final I went out to dinner with Jens for a little celebration, which was very nice. The following Saturday I went to see Swan Lake with Amanda. I hadn't seen it in forever, so it was very entertaining. I absolutely love the music for it. It was strange, because I would find myself almost singing along to certain themes, and I was amazed that I could remember them. After that we went and checked out a few shoe stores. I was looking for shoes to go with my bridesmaid dress. The decision on the dress had been made a couple weeks earlier, and they actually came in only a couple weeks after we ordered them! I had picked mine up on Friday, so I thought I might as well look for my shoes. I ended up getting these ones from Payless. They had them in wide, so they fit perfectly, and they're so cute!

After I bought the shoes, I took the T back with Amanda, and Jens picked me up and we went to a forest reservation north of Boston to meet up with a couple of his friends. We threw around a frisbee and just chatted. After that we went back to his place, he made me dinner, and we rented a movie. Very nice. Sunday I bummed around, ended up going to the library to hear the concertmistress from my orchestra give a recital (she's great). Yet another Sunday without Alias!

This past week I didn't do a whole lot. I met Jens on Tuesday, and we had a nice casual dinner and went candlepin bowling afterwards. I'm pretty untalented as a bowler. :) Even though candlepin should be easier anyways, since you get three chances! Jens even rolled a single ball strike. Talented, I tell you! Wednesday I went to the gym and then caught up on my tv a bit. The Gilmore Girls finale. Yay!! It was an awesome show. I think that finale was better than the Alias one... Thursday I went and checked out the morning Pilates class at my gym. I had read in a triathlon training book that strengthening the core muscles really helps with all the triathlon stages, and I need all the help I can get! Jens worked late, so I ordered us a pizza and he came over and watched one of my random '80s movies (actually, an '80s movie that was made in the '90s...Beverly Hills Cop III...when Eddie Murphy was still funny...). Friday night I went to an orchestra concert with Amanda. It was for the Boston Modern Orchestra Project, and my boss is on the board! He got tickets for myself and a couple other coworkers who wanted to go. It was really great. The first piece was my favorite. A few of the others were too "modern music" for my taste, in that they were a bit too shrill and discordant. The rules just seem to go right out the window, along with anything resembling a melody! After the concert, I stopped by Jose's apartment, because I hadn't seen it yet. Un-freaking-beliveable. The apartment is nice, but the major selling point is the private roof deck with the unobstructed view of all of downtown Boston. Completely amazing. :)

Saturday I met up with Kate and Amanda for brunch, which was very yummy. We'd been planning it for about two months, so it was great to finally get together! I spent most of the rest of the day working, because my boss needed some charts that had to be done so that she could put them in a presentation she was doing for Monday. It wasn't that bad, because I didn't have anything else pressing to do (and the weather was not so great, so I didn't miss anything outside!). In the evening I went over to Jens. We had Chinese and then played some chess. I won, I admit, but we both made a few glaring tactical errors. ;) Guess we'll need to play more. Sunday I watched the Alias season finale with Kris. Yay! although the show as more "boo!" because there just wasn't enough justice given to all the plotlines. Although it was very cool to see Syd and Vartan back together!

This week I'm looking forward to having my birthday dinner on Thursday - everyone's going to be able to make it, so I'm very excited! It'll be so funny to have them all meet Jens. I'm just happy to be able to spend the evening with all my great friends around here. :) Speaking of Jens, I have to cut this short or I'm going to be late meeting him for dinner! He's actually punctual...something I'll have to work on. ;) ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home