La di da
Ah, another weekend has passed. And I'm not crazy, or annoyed, or overtired. Well, it is a bit late, but that's par. I watched most of Season 3 of Sex in the City earlier, and I've read so much about it over time that watching it is like meeting an old friend for the first time, really. Or eating a freshly baked croissant when all you've done before is smell them. Basically I didn't understand the whole essence of the show, and having watched these episodes, I really like the show, and for now it sates my lust for New York City. Not that anyone in NYC really lives like that, but it's nice to think that one could. Give me a place on the UWS and that's all I need. ;) After all, you're close to both Gray's Papaya AND Krispy Kreme...pure bliss. And it's near enough to Columbia - the UWS is the best! If only parking in the city wasn't such a total impossibility I would have nothing to complain about.
I could talk about NYC all night, but I probably shouldn't. Then again, not much else has been going on lately aside from work, work, work. I can't believe it...half of my group has either left (permanently) or gone on vacation, so I think I'm up to doing the work of about 2 1/2 people. ahhhh!! and I didn't even technically work a "full" (aka 44 hours) week last week. I was there a ton more, but with lunch it ends up being 10 or more hour days. And that was probably partly my fault because I was out Monday to go to Six Flags. My goodness, that seems like way more than a week ago that I did that. But it was a fantastic trip. I went out to the New England Six Flags with four other people and we really did it right. We went on the always awesome Superman ride. The first drop is so steep and so fast that you literally cannot breathe on the way down. It's insane. but it's also very fun. They have a water park attached, so we went to that for a while, and we did practically every other roller coaster in the park, in addition to my favorite, the teacups! Well, in order to legitimize my trip to SF and make up my Monday hours, I worked all Sunday afternoon and evening. fuuun...but necessary. I would have felt guilty about taking a "sick" day. I could have fudged and called it a mental health day, but I preferred to tell my boss that I wasn't going to be in ahead of time so that people were aware that I wasn't going to be in. I guess it just made for a very compressed week!! I didn't have any evenings where I had to be anywhere by 6, and that was really good because it would have been physically impossible. So that was the week. Thursday I wore my favorite J.Crew dress which I bought last (last) spring - coral jersey just below the knee. yum!! it's probably not the most sexy dress I own, but at least I can get away with it at work. that's pretty important. this was a good clothing week - I had some good outfits going on. Tomorrow I think I am going to wear my deal of the century red polka dot strappy dress from H&M. $9!!!! that store is amazing. Today I got these cute pumps from Payless for $6 - they're a darkish gray fabric, and they'll look awesome with black and gray pants. =) Then I also got a wrap sweater from Old Navy that I'd been eyeing that they put on sale a bit, and I thought I might as well get it. It's rayon and angora, and I'm a sucker for soft knits like that.
JOHN MAYER!!!!! His new song is my new favorite song of all time!!
My roommate, my roommate's ex, one of our friends, and I are going to see John Mayer (and the Counting Crows, but who cares about them? ;) next Saturday at a place outside of Boston!!!! I can't believe I'm actually going, because I have been thinking about this all summer and pining to go see it, and it's so unreal that come Saturday I'm going to see John Mayer on stage again!!! Definitely did not get enough of him last time around. ;) And I cannot get enough of his new song...it's just amazing!! The stuff on his first album is wonderful, and I still listen to it quite often, but this new song actually improves on his earlier stuff by kicking up the tempo and really getting the guitars going. I suppose it's tailor made for me because I love music that just soars. Exhibit #1: U2 I Still haven't found what I'm looking for, or Where the Streets have no name. anything like that. I like music that makes me feel and makes me care. Meanwhile, I'm saving up my pennies for the sure-to-be expensive JM concert tees. I didn't splurge on the JT-Xtina concertwear, but there's no way I'm missing out on JM...his face that close to my body...I think I can live with that. ;)
Other boys...what, there are other boys??? ;)
Ok, nobody panic, but I was sitting at my desk at work a week and a half ago (Thursday, to be specific) and I basically realized that I might really like someone. Notwithstanding that I don't know how he feels, I felt sort of overwhelmed but yet mostly comfortable with the idea. Anyways, that Thursday I did hang out with him in a group (and we shared a B&Js...aww), but I haven't seen him since. We do have plans to go to a Red Sox game in September though. I have to admit he's someone that I never really thought about this way, but I couldn't fathom how, for some reason, I could spend so much time with him doing any number of things, and always really enjoy myself. There aren't many people (at least in my experience) for which that's true. Hm. we shall see...
Ah, another weekend has passed. And I'm not crazy, or annoyed, or overtired. Well, it is a bit late, but that's par. I watched most of Season 3 of Sex in the City earlier, and I've read so much about it over time that watching it is like meeting an old friend for the first time, really. Or eating a freshly baked croissant when all you've done before is smell them. Basically I didn't understand the whole essence of the show, and having watched these episodes, I really like the show, and for now it sates my lust for New York City. Not that anyone in NYC really lives like that, but it's nice to think that one could. Give me a place on the UWS and that's all I need. ;) After all, you're close to both Gray's Papaya AND Krispy Kreme...pure bliss. And it's near enough to Columbia - the UWS is the best! If only parking in the city wasn't such a total impossibility I would have nothing to complain about.
I could talk about NYC all night, but I probably shouldn't. Then again, not much else has been going on lately aside from work, work, work. I can't believe it...half of my group has either left (permanently) or gone on vacation, so I think I'm up to doing the work of about 2 1/2 people. ahhhh!! and I didn't even technically work a "full" (aka 44 hours) week last week. I was there a ton more, but with lunch it ends up being 10 or more hour days. And that was probably partly my fault because I was out Monday to go to Six Flags. My goodness, that seems like way more than a week ago that I did that. But it was a fantastic trip. I went out to the New England Six Flags with four other people and we really did it right. We went on the always awesome Superman ride. The first drop is so steep and so fast that you literally cannot breathe on the way down. It's insane. but it's also very fun. They have a water park attached, so we went to that for a while, and we did practically every other roller coaster in the park, in addition to my favorite, the teacups! Well, in order to legitimize my trip to SF and make up my Monday hours, I worked all Sunday afternoon and evening. fuuun...but necessary. I would have felt guilty about taking a "sick" day. I could have fudged and called it a mental health day, but I preferred to tell my boss that I wasn't going to be in ahead of time so that people were aware that I wasn't going to be in. I guess it just made for a very compressed week!! I didn't have any evenings where I had to be anywhere by 6, and that was really good because it would have been physically impossible. So that was the week. Thursday I wore my favorite J.Crew dress which I bought last (last) spring - coral jersey just below the knee. yum!! it's probably not the most sexy dress I own, but at least I can get away with it at work. that's pretty important. this was a good clothing week - I had some good outfits going on. Tomorrow I think I am going to wear my deal of the century red polka dot strappy dress from H&M. $9!!!! that store is amazing. Today I got these cute pumps from Payless for $6 - they're a darkish gray fabric, and they'll look awesome with black and gray pants. =) Then I also got a wrap sweater from Old Navy that I'd been eyeing that they put on sale a bit, and I thought I might as well get it. It's rayon and angora, and I'm a sucker for soft knits like that.
JOHN MAYER!!!!! His new song is my new favorite song of all time!!
My roommate, my roommate's ex, one of our friends, and I are going to see John Mayer (and the Counting Crows, but who cares about them? ;) next Saturday at a place outside of Boston!!!! I can't believe I'm actually going, because I have been thinking about this all summer and pining to go see it, and it's so unreal that come Saturday I'm going to see John Mayer on stage again!!! Definitely did not get enough of him last time around. ;) And I cannot get enough of his new song...it's just amazing!! The stuff on his first album is wonderful, and I still listen to it quite often, but this new song actually improves on his earlier stuff by kicking up the tempo and really getting the guitars going. I suppose it's tailor made for me because I love music that just soars. Exhibit #1: U2 I Still haven't found what I'm looking for, or Where the Streets have no name. anything like that. I like music that makes me feel and makes me care. Meanwhile, I'm saving up my pennies for the sure-to-be expensive JM concert tees. I didn't splurge on the JT-Xtina concertwear, but there's no way I'm missing out on JM...his face that close to my body...I think I can live with that. ;)
Other boys...what, there are other boys??? ;)
Ok, nobody panic, but I was sitting at my desk at work a week and a half ago (Thursday, to be specific) and I basically realized that I might really like someone. Notwithstanding that I don't know how he feels, I felt sort of overwhelmed but yet mostly comfortable with the idea. Anyways, that Thursday I did hang out with him in a group (and we shared a B&Js...aww), but I haven't seen him since. We do have plans to go to a Red Sox game in September though. I have to admit he's someone that I never really thought about this way, but I couldn't fathom how, for some reason, I could spend so much time with him doing any number of things, and always really enjoy myself. There aren't many people (at least in my experience) for which that's true. Hm. we shall see...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home