Jane's Life o' Randomness

All you ever wanted to know about the little happenings in my life...and quite possibly more than that.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Quick Update

Almost time to head out for the weekend, just wanted to post a quickie update! Tonight Jens is having a little Halloween party, which is also a party to celebrate midterms being done for him and his B-school compadres. Tomorrow we're going to Dartmouth for Homecoming. Whee! I can't wait to show him the campus. Sunday is a low key day - we're going to a brunch and then I have to work on my hydrology project and probably some work, since I told my boss I'd have it for her Monday.

It's been a little while from my last update, but not a ton to say. We had book club, and the next book we chose was actually my suggestion, The Know-It-All. One of my other friends read it, and she really liked it. On the 20th Jens and I had dinner to celebrate his naturalization as a US citizen that day. Yay!! Between us we have three countries covered. Not too shabby. ;) Last weekend I went to NYC to visit some friends and go to the Columbia Dartmouth football game. It was a matchup of 0-5 teams, so needless to say it was less than thrilling. It was more about who could suck less than who might actually play better football. Clearly, it wasn't us, because now we're 0-6. Irony of ironies, tomorrow we play Harvard, who is not only 6-0 and ranked 19th in the country in Div I-AA, but also has a probable NFL draft pick as a QB. Yikes. So we're not going to see the game tomorrow. We're going for the hockey. Yeah!!! Can't wait. Anyways, so NYC. Hung out with Allison, did a bit of shopping, watching some Red Sox baseball, etc. I got this amazingly cute velvet hobo at the Gap. Yum. I like it so much I even take it with me on days I have class, when normally I use my bookbag. It was a fun time. Lots of good activities.

Class is going ok, although my hydrological model refuses to work. I picked the Des Plaines River as my water body that I'm modelling. :) Just to have a connection with Chicago. Orchestra rehearsals are good. Last week I had the thought that our conductor Jonathan is probably the best one I've ever had (sorry Mrs. Caballero!). He's great. But unfortunately we still need some more preparation for our concert, which is in a week! Eeek! I think it'll end up being alright. Always seems bad right towards the end, of course.

Oh, and you may have heard that the Red Sox won the World Series or something like that... ;) After they beat the Yankees, it was all gravy anyways. Honestly, a four game sweep in the WS was just not all that exciting to watch. It felt like it was over before it even started! At least the city got it out of its system. We'll see how they feel next year. After all, they haven't been defending champs for quite some time. Worked out well for the Patriots though.

Monday is Jens and my six month anniversary! Egads! I have rehearsal, so I'm not sure what we'll do, maybe have to have it Tuesday night instead. Might as well make it six months and one day. =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home